Friday, December 30, 2011

If You Want The Big Mac...

 
Shout out to my cousin Rob for coming up with this one. So, last night at dinner everyone's arguing about what is the proper way to take a girl out. My uncle is sitting there saying that people don't know how to date anymore, my aunt is saying that women made guys the asshole's they are today (in which she would be correct about that one) and my other cousin is saying how it's not like it used to be, it's okay to meet a guy out somewhere. 

And then here comes my cousin Rob with a quote that was just wise beyond his years. His sister was trying to justify meeting a guy out somewhere for a date as opposed to being picked up. And then he looks at her and says, "If you want a big mac, what do you do? You go to McDonald's. You don't tell someone to meet you somewhere with the big mac, and you don't ask to have it delivered to you. No, you go to McDonald's." He has to be related to me just by coming up with that analogy. 

But he was one hundred percent right about that. Seriously, if you're gonna take a girl out why are you gonna meet her out somewhere? You might as well make her pay for her own shit too while you're at it. It's like trying to find a job. The job isn't gonna come to you begging you to come work for them. You have to go get it. I sound like the biggest asshole on the face of the earth on this thing, but even I go pick a girl up if I'm gonna take her out. If I do that, everyone should be able to do that (I know that's a hard concept to believe that I can get a girl to go on a date with me, but that's neither here nor there). 

So, as my cousin Rob has taught everyone; if you want the big mac, you gotta go get it. It's not gonna just come or be delivered to you. If you're single you're not a house cat who's getting your food brought to you. You're out in the alley and you have to go get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment