Friday, December 23, 2011

Remember When You Could Just Buy Something And Walk Out?

 
What is pissing me off lately? Going to the mall and buying things has now turned into the biggest pain the ass on the face of the earth. Why has buying things turned into a bigger pain in the ass than that little kid kicking the back of your seat on an air plane? Quite honestly, it's all because of fucking technology. 

Does anyone remember how easy it used to be to buy something? You could just walk into the store, pay cash for whatever it was that you needed, and then walk the fuck out. There was no hassle, no questions asked and they never asked you if you had a store card or a coupon. It was like fucking heaven on earth. No one bothered you, and you didn't have to deal with them after you left. You just walked out and didn't see them again until the next time you returned to the store. 

But these days it's different. These days it's a fucking process every time you buy something. You get to the register and the first thing they ask you is, "Do you have a store card?" No, I don't because I'm not here enough. "Okay, do you have a coupon?" No, I have money, it's the original coupon. "Okay sir can we just have your name, address, phone number, and email address?" No, what is this the witness protection program? I just want to buy this one thing, pay you, and then walk out without being asked a million questions. But no, you can't buy anything without giving out your information, it's not allowed apparently. 

Then you give them your email and you deal with them forever. You get emails every day with deals, how much percent off you get on things and of course my favorite, the confirmation of your purchase five minutes after you buy something. Like, oh my bad bro, I didn't know it wasn't confirmed when I handed you the $50 in cash. You had to email me to confirm that I actually bought it. It's ridiculous. What happened to the good old days of buying something and walking out without anyone bothering you? I don't know what happened, but they're gone and never coming back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment