Monday, June 4, 2012

Could The Mets Be For Real?

 
Could the New York Mets actually be for real? It's a long season, but right now they are currently 31-23 and in a three way tie for first place in the NL East. The month of June will tell you a lot about this team with the schedule they have coming up, but could they be for real? 

Well, let's slow down for a second here. Look, they're playing good baseball but let's be realistic, they're not a playoff team. I love what I'm seeing so far, I love that the starting pitching is shutting my fucking mouth, I love that they lead the league in runs scored with two outs and I love that Terry Collins has them showing up and playing hard every single day. With Collins at the helm this team actually shows some massive fucking balls at important times during games and I love all that. I think the biggest compliment you can give a manager is that his team plays hard, and this team plays very hard. 

However, the bullpen is being held together by scotch tape and paper clips and right now we're getting contributions from guys playing a little over their heads. I will say this though, the biggest mistake that's gonna be made here is when Bay comes back, if they send down Nieuwenhuis. I love this fucking kid and I think he should be the every day center fielder hands down. They're playing well and anything can happen, but I can't see them being in the hunt in the long run. They're a couple of pieces away, but Mets fans we can hang out hats on this; we're on the right track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment