Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Have Lost All Respect For Reality TV

 
Not that I really ever had much respect because I think reality TV is absolute shit, but after last night's events where I watched them actually film a reality TV show in the making there is no chance in hell I'm ever watching any of the shit they put on ever again. However, this isn't a post about the shows, it's a post about the show they were filming, and let me tell you, if it gets on the air it'll be the worst show imaginable. 

I can't actually state the name of the show because I'm technically not allowed since I signed a release form and all that nonsense. But it's supposed to be a reality show about how young people get into relationships and it was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. First of all, it was January 16th, the show was so reality that they had to pretend it was New Years. From the get go, I knew this was bound for disaster. 

Then the cast was just priceless. There were between 20 and 30 just prissy, white, rich girls who all had sticks up their asses like they were gonna be the next big thing. These were the first people who have ever looked down on a bartender in their life. For future reference, don't be a cunt to the guy handling your drinks. Anyway, now remember this, 20 to 30 prissy, white rich girls and then the "talent". 

All I kept hearing about was when the talent gets here we have to make sure they're comfortable. The talent was four thugs straight out of the hood. I swear to god it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. They were trying to set up these little prissy white girls with these straight up thugs. I couldn't help but notice how hilarious this was from the start, but it just kept getting funnier. Plus the fact that I had the most interaction with people for the entire night when I asked these four dudes what they wanted to drink. 

So, a show about relationships was these four thugs sitting at the bar eating chicken tenders, one of which was listening to his head phones, with 30 rich white girls dancing to Bojangles (my Fireside Chats song) by the Ying Yang Twins behind them. If you could just picture this in your head you'll know how funny it was. No one paid any attention to each other, no one actually knew why they were there and the only thing these guys seemed concerned about was eating and going home. Besides the fact is that you're not gonna start a relationship by meeting someone at a bar. And you're not gonna start a relationship from a "reality" TV show. Why? Because it's not reality. If I had to pick a name for the show I would've called it, "Rich White Girls Getting Railed By Thugs" but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Sidenote: If I don't get my own spin off because I was the only one who spoke, I'm gonna be pissed. Reality show about a blogging bartender, rating would be through the fucking roof. MTV come see me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment