Monday, January 16, 2012

Lady, I Don't Care What He Does With The Money

 
I'm sitting at the ferry terminal the other night and I did the first good deed I've done in god knows how long by giving a homeless dude money. I only gave him the money because he asked me for the money and I felt bad because I had just bought a bagel and he knew I had money on me. But like they say, no good deed goes undone or something like that. Of course, I got shit for it. 

This is why I don't do good deeds, because you can't win. So I give this guy the money thinking that I've done my good deed for the year and I got it out of the way early and then some bitch lady comes over to yell at me. She says, "You know, he's just gonna go buy crack with that. New Yorkers need to learn how to buy the food instead of giving them the money." 

I didn't even answer this lady I just looked at her and told her to get away from me. Why? Because I don't give a fuck what this guy does with the money. I am giving him money so he leaves me alone and gets the fuck away from me. It's like just telling a little kid yes I'll give you candy just so he or she shuts the fuck up. I don't know who his drug dealer is but I would seriously doubt that unless he's sucking some dick, he's not buying crack with a grand total of three dollars. 

Also, who am I to judge? I spend my money on alcohol 98% of the time anyway so who am I to deny this homeless guy of spending his money on drugs and/or alcohol. Let me make this clear, I don't give a fuck what he does with the money, I just want him to get away from me. I'm not in the helping people business, I'm into minding my own business. Sorry bout it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment