Friday, July 27, 2012

I've Seen What I Need To See, Bring Them All Up

 
I'll be honest, I only watched this kid pitch for three innings last night and that was all I needed to see. He struck out seven in his first three innings and I watched a kid who wasn't afraid of anybody throwing absolute darts on the bump. Matt Harvey was throwing the ball between 93-97mph last night. He got the baseball and said to the hitters, "Here's my gas, try and hit it." And they weren't doing it. He went out on the mound, he threw hard, mixed his pitches well and most importantly he battled. He finished with 5 1/3 innings pitched, gave up three hits, walked three and he struck out 11. I can't remember the last time a Mets pitcher struck out 11 guys in a start and I'm not talking about R.A. Dickey doing it with smoke and mirrors. This is the shit I like to see, our prospects coming up and making some noise with us. I say bring Wheeler next and let him do his thing. Let's get the young arms up and see what they have. We're not going anywhere this year and with some Major League experience under their belt we might be able to do some awesome things next season. Well maybe not next year but let me at least dream. I haven't been this excited since I went to college and found out I could have sex with girls and never talk to them again. I've seen enough, Matt Harvey has me excited for this team in the future and I hope he's here to stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment