Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm In The Band...Sort Of

 
Drunk Story from Jim (NYC)

On my 22nd birthday I got extremely fucked up and ended up on the stage singing with this live band that was performing at the bar I was at. Like the jackass that I am I had then decided that on every birthday after that I would have to end up on the stage singing with some type of band. The next year, so my 23rd birthday, I go out and I'm destroyed once again. My friend leaves to go to the bathroom and I make my way towards the stage. I get to the front and I realize that there's no way I'm going to grab the mic out of the singer's hand so I begin reaching up trying to touch something. I make it to the bass player and I start playing his base with my hand. The guy just looks at me like what the fuck am I doing, and I get headlocked by the security guard. Thank god my friend made it out of the bathroom, in time to tell the security guard that I was his drunk friend who he was gonna take care of. We ended up leaving before I could get killed. Needless to say, that was the last time I tried to be part of the band ever again.

Honestly, I love the determination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment