Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Do Solemnly Swear


I catch a lot of flack on this stupid ass blog for being an overly obnoxious Jets fan. Perhaps it's true, I may be slightly out of touch with reality in believing that the Jets are a legit team in the NFL. Despite numerous losses this season and a quarterback who is admittedly god awful, I still believe this team will prosper for the rest of the season and make a run in the playoffs. It starts Thursday against the Broncos. This shouldn't be a close game, it really shouldn't. But, much to the delight of some of the readers on this blog, I'm going to put my ass on the line for this game and I will make some promises that I do solemnly swear to uphold if the Jets lose.

If the Jets lose tonight I do solemnly swear:
1) To not post a single thing about the Jets for the remainder of the regular season
2) To willingly bequeath the title of best football team in New York to the Giants
3) To admit that my skills as a sports analyst are worse than Casey Anthony as a mom
4) To refer to Steve as "Daddy" for the remainder of the regular season
5) To name my first child Eli
6) To be the asshole of the day again

So that's it. If anyone else has something reasonable that I can do in a resulting Jets loss comment and let me know. I'll do almost anything short of admitting moreorless is a good person.

No comments:

Post a Comment