Thursday, November 17, 2011

You Don't Actually Miss Me, We Were Barely Friends

 
Have you ever been out and you see someone who you haven't seen in years? You used to know them, and kind of hang out with them a little bit, but you were never really close with them. Like you had each other's number but you always texted or called everyone but each other, yet if you see each other out it's only right to say hello. But when these people, mostly women, fall into a situation like this they go completely overboard. 

What is overboard? Every woman in this situation always says the same sentence at some point throughout the conversation. "Oh my god, I miss you so much," is the statement that is uttered by every woman in this situation and it makes absolutely no sense. You miss me? Really? Who the hell do you think you're kidding here hun? 

First of all, we were never really friends, we were more like acquaintances. Acquaintances don't miss each other, ever. Also, you clearly don't miss me there has been no way of you trying to contact me over the last eight years so chances are that you're talking out of your ass. Finally, I definitely don't miss you so there is no way that you miss me. 

Really, I don't lose any sleep over the fact that I haven't spoke to or hung out with you over the last however many years its been. I don't miss you, therefore, I am about 99.3% sure that you don't miss me either. Don't make it awkward with saying you miss me, because then I have to pretend that you were actually a significant part of my life. Get real, say hello, and move on. I don't care how you've been, you don't care how I've been, so let's cut the shit and stop pretending. That is all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment