Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How Am I The Only One Watching This?

 
I'm out last night at a bar and I'm just hanging out with some people and then for a minute I thought I was hearing things. And then I turn around and see this guy sitting by himself on his barstool watching a college basketball game. But he's not only watching the college basketball game, he's rooting for one of the teams and getting excited in the corny, dorky guy way to get excited. You know exactly the kind of excited I'm talking about. 

So I'm hearing from behind me this cornball just screaming out, "Yeah!", and "Alright!", and "That's it!". And then he started clapping his hands really loud by himself and he's doing this in the middle of a bar that's not even crowded. As I'm trying extremely hard not to laugh I'm noticing that no one else is acknowledging this guy. 

Just picture trying to play darts, having your back turned and hearing this guy blurting out words like he had tourette's. But you're the only one who's noticing it. And all this time all I could think to myself is, "How am I the only one watching this?" He was like the retarded guy who walks into the room. You know it's messed up, but you can't help but pay attention to only the tard. It was exactly what it was like. 

Am I a terrible person for secretly taking a picture of this lonely soul and putting him on my blog for the soul purpose of making fun of him? Probably, but it still makes for a somewhat entertaining story. When you go out and you're thinking to yourself, "How am I the only one watching this?", you will think of this story. Guaranteed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment