Friday, August 10, 2012

The Biggest Myth About Tim Tebow

 
I'm not even going to label this one a Why Tim Tebow Sucks Today article because this is more about the fans being delusional than him sucking. Although it does have a little bit to do with him sucking, but that's neither here or there. What is the one thing that everybody says about Tim Tebow? What everybody tries to hang their hat on with him is, "He has to play because he's a winner." But is he really a winner? 

I'm not looking at college and high school. Every guy in the NFL was a winner in high school and college because they were the team. I'm not even gonna go as far as saying every guy, but every quarterback in the NFL won in high school and in college because they were just better than everybody else. So in the NFL we wanna say he's a winner don't we? I'm willing to bet that what I'm about to say next will shock you. 

Do we know what his career record is including the playoffs? It is 9-7. That is nine wins and seven losses. That's not a winner to me. A winner is a guy like Tom Brady who comes in for an injured Drew Bledsoe and takes a shitty team, yes a shitty team all the way to the Super Bowl. Not a guy who comes in and beats shit teams and then loses the last three games of the season and backs into the playoffs. The fucking guy is a 60 yard field goal and a Marion Barber fumble away from being a fucking .500 QB. 

If you wanna say he's a winner go right ahead. But the fact of the matter is that he's really not a winner. He hasn't won anything in the NFL. They went 8-8 and won the AFC West last year that can be argued it was the worst division in football. Come on, open your eyes. You're all just caught up in who he is as a person and don't realize that he's not a good quarterback. Football player, yes. Quarterback, no. It's the biggest myth out there and I'm sick of it. I'll call him a winner when he quarterbacks his team to a Super Bowl championship. And since that day will never come I can promise you that I will never call him a winner. Tell me I'm wrong all you want, but the facts are the facts. And you Tebow lovers can't handle them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment