Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Introducing "Sarah Says"...The Harsh Truth About Leggings

 
Sarah is our contributor from Not the It Girls. She will be contributing to us every Wednesday with "Sarah Says" giving you a nice dose of estrogen to go with your week. I will be doing the same thing on their site (http://nottheitgirls.com) to give them a nice little dose of testosterone. Every Wednesday Talk of the Town teams with Not the It Girls for the greatest merger since the actual merger. Don't miss out.  Also, don't forget to follow them on twitter @nottheitgirls

When I talked to Steve (the Hammer) about what my first post for Talk of the Town should be about, I shot out an idea about leggings. Possibly because I was wearing them at the time and had a minor case of writer’s block. And The Hammer said, and I quote, “[The] person who invented leggings should be canonized as a saint.” You know what Hammer? You’re right. Guys, you’re right.

We’ve all leered at girls in leggings. I’m strictly dickly and I leer at girls in leggings. Have you gotten the stink eye from a girl whose legs you were eyeing? Let me tell you something, that stink eye is high and mighty bullshit. I wear leggings because they’re comfortable. But I am also 100% aware that my ass looks so fucking banging in leggings I’d wear them every day if it were appropriate. And I can almost guarantee you that the girl who’s giving you a hard time knows how great her ass looks.

Let me clarify. This doesn’t apply to work out clothes. This is all about leggings in the wild. At the mall. On the streets. Ladies, you can’t play Pollyanna innocent when it comes to leggings. They are skintight. Classy, smart women do not wear skintight clothing unless they can pull it off. (And I hate to say it, but a lot of women can’t pull it off. Think before you stretch.) I’d like to think I’m fairly classy. I wouldn’t wear leggings with a super tight, tits out kind of shirt. But I’m wearing those lyrca, elastic miracles on purpose. Trust me.

Maybe I’m making generalizations here. Maybe I’m assuming that all women work the way I do. And that probably isn’t true. But I’m selfish and this is my post so I’ll say whatever I want. Now I’m not saying I wear leggings explicitly to have my ass stared out. I wear leggings because they are obscenely comfortable and I’m really just too lazy for pants sometimes. So fellas, here’s what I have to say to you. You see me in leggings? Check out my ass. I want you to.

Sarah, creator of Not the It Girls, is a contributor to Talk of the Town. You can contact her at sarah@nottheitgirls.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment