Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Any Publicity Is Good Publicity...Sort Of

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/politi/index.ssf/2011/08/newark_bears_donate_2000_to_ma.html

The Newark Bears, just an organization trying to do something good for charity. They're donating $2,000 to M.A.D.D. (Mother's Against Drunk Driving) on their last Thirsty Thursday of the season, which will also feature a beer pong tournament. This actually sounds like the biggest oxymoron ever. I commend them for donating money, but on Thirsty Thursday? Really? You couldn't pick a better night to do this. Like have a bobble head night, or some sort of free give away night. Don't donate money to a group against drunk driving on beer pong tournament night. That's like donating money to lung cancer research while handing out weed and cigarettes. It just doesn't go together. I think I'm going to go with big time FAIL for this one, but I may take a taxi and attend the event.

Sidenote: Shout out to Matt Fitton who actually pitches for the team. If it's your off day would you be allowed to be my partner if I entered the tournament?

No comments:

Post a Comment