Friday, April 29, 2011

Giants and Jets First Round Picks

I'll start with the Jets...

Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple

This is a good pick for the Jets. Ellis is getting old and now this kid can come in and play right away. He's a 3-4 Defensive End who can rush the passer as well as stuff the run. I hate the Jets, but they made a good pick.

Now to the Giants...

Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska

Jerry Reese did what he normally does and took the best available overall player. This is a good pick because the Giants secondary couldn't cover receivers in a phone booth last season. I also like the pick because I would rather stick needles through my eyes than watch Aaron Ross play the nickel. Nice job, now please get an Offensive Lineman and a Linebacker who does more than play special teams.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I realize that the Giants have lots of depth at corner compared to other positions but I think that they made a good move in drafting Prince. This is a guy who at #19 gives incredible value. He's a possible shut down corner, a guy projected to be a top 10 pick in mock drafts across the country, and a class act. It's going to be interesting to see how he fits into the Giants big picture. Also, you think you could check out my blog cuz I’d love to hear what you have to say. http://chrisross91.wordpress.com/2011/04/30/bang-for-the-buck/

    ReplyDelete