Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Watch the Jets play the Cardinals, or Golf?


I can't believe I'm actually contemplating this. And by contemplating I mean I've already 100% made my decision to play golf.

It's sad that I've actually come to this. I haven't missed a Jets game in 5 years. I actually isolated myself from the world earlier this season and DVR'd Jets games because my dedication was so strong. Let me be the first to say that the Jets being horrendous is not the main reason I'm not watching. I'm not watching mostly because it's the Jets vs Cardinals. Like Ari Gold once said, "I didn't go to the Lakers game because they were playing the fucking Bobcats." Also, the weather on Sunday is going to be decent enough for me to comfortable, and bad enough to keep people off of the course.

That doesn't change the fact that this team being the definition of mediocre is part of the reason I'm choosing to actually not watch a Jets game from start to finish for the first time in a long time. I'm so sick and tired of this team right now. I'm just fed up. From Fireman Ed, to Tim Tebow, to Rex Ryan and all the way up the chain to Woody Johnson. I'm just sick and tired of this team being OKAY. Cause guess what? In the NFL when you're OKAY, you're in the worst position a team can be in. Seriously, in the NFL there are generally shifts. Teams are either really good for 3 years or really bad for 3 years. (excluding the Browns-been bad forever, and the Pats-been sick for like 10 years) The Jets are just mediocre and because the Giants are next door winning Superbowls twice every 5 years, management thinks that being mediocre is a better option than  just blowing everything up.

 I disagree. I say destroy it. Start from scratch. Taking the organization backwards is the best way to move it forward. At least were not as bad as the Bills, giving a mediocre QB an absurd amount of money...oh wait!

Back to missing the game Sunday. I made this decision yesterday and I don't feel the least bit bad about it. Game is a borefest... 3rd string starter vs. 2nd string starter (on a normal team). Final score? 5-2 Jets.

Sidenote: Yes, that is actually the Sloth Man.

Double sidenote: Probably way better looking and in shape than anybody thought.

P.S. I absolutely cranked that ball
pps. Shot a 41 on the front that day, missed a birdie putt from 4 feet for a 40
ppps. Purple corduroy pants are so boss I can't even stand it
pppps. I actually pushed that shot about 40 yards right

2 comments: