Friday, November 30, 2012

David Wright Sign 8 Year, $138 Million Extension With the Mets

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/382576/david-wright-inks-eight-year-$138m-extension

All I have to say is thank you to whatever higher being made this happen because I really didn't think it was going to. David Wright has signed an 8 year $138 million extension with the Mets and I couldn't be happier. Are we over paying him a little bit? Yeah sure we are. But we're paying him until he's 37, not 42 and there are only a hand full of third basemen in the league who are better than him. Plus if they can somehow get him to goddamn protection, his numbers will be better. I'm psyched, I'm happy, I'm glad he's staying in a Mets uniform. Now we just need to get some pieces around him to be good within the next couple of years so that him staying with the Mets doesn't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment