Thursday, November 15, 2012

Don't Mean To Gloat, But I'm Fairly Confident I Said the Jets Were Going To Be Mediocre


See that picture? That's a picture of a Jet about to crash. It hasn't exploded yet, but inevitably that thing is going to hit the ground and create a gigantic firebomb.

I realize that the average literacy level of this blogs readers is quite low, so my friends, we call this picture a metaphor. This is a metaphor for the New York Jets season. Sorry for saying this team was going to be mediocre. I misled you. Perhaps I let emotions get the better of me, and I spoke from a passionate fans perspective rather than the incredibly intelligent analytic perspective that makes me who I am. If I spoke from that perspective I wouldn't have instilled a false sense of hope via what Bane did to Gotham City. And unfortunately for Jets fans, Mark Sanchez ain't Bruce Wayne.

First things first, Rex and Tannenbaum are gone. See ya! Adios! And I'm not basing this off of performance. I don't blame them for not having talent. Like I said in my initial Jets mediocrity post; unless you're really bad or really good in the NFL you're kind of screwed. Being mediocre and squeaking into the playoffs, or just missing the playoffs isn't a recipe for success. You won't get high draft picks, and you won't get free agents that want to come to your team. I fundamentally disagree with the Tim Tebow decision but I also understand how you could argue Tebows worth to a team. Anyways, on to why these two dipshits are gone. When last year you address the media and say that the locker room problems were going to be fixed and the team would become a cohesive unit you better make that goal pretty damn clear to your players...which they obviously didn't based on the comments that surfaced this week.

Not only is this team bad, but they are headed down the road that Boston Red Sox have gone down. I know Woody Johnson only cares about headlines, but time to start caring about winning, and time to start not being okay with being the Giants little brother with aspergers.

Also...I say at this point start Tebow. I KNOW he won't win a game. That way the Jets can go 3-13 and have a horrific season and maybe get a high draft pick next year and build around him. That doesn't mean you have to get a QB. Get a great receiver. I'm still not convinced Sanchez is terrible.

 Call me crazy but I think he can play. Unfortunately when you have a shitty RB (great 3rd down back), a shitty receiving core, a shitty offensive coordinator, and quite frankly...A lot of shitty fair weather fans who know absolutely nothing protesting for Tebow to come in every time Sanchez throws a pass off of a defensive linemen (which he does more than any QB in the history of football).

Anyways we have the Rams this week. The Rams who have a guy named Stephen Jackson who is a dynamic back and was on the market to pick up and the Jets said, "NO! Fuck that! Shonn Greene averages like 2 yards per carry and he set a personal record for his longest career run this year before a 600 pound offensive lineman caught up to him and tackled him! I don't want a dynamic back! NO!!!Give me Shonn "the typo" Greene!" I digress again. This week is the Rams and I'm not going to pick like a fan...I'm going to pick like the analytical genius I am. I've run my models and I've looked at the match ups and its quite clear to me that the Jets are going to win this game by 60, write it down, you heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment