Monday, November 19, 2012

Is Notre Dame Really the Best Team in the Country?

After the upsets of this past weekend in college football, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are now America's number one team. But are they the best team in college football? I understand they're the only undefeated team in college football, but are they really the best team? A ton of people want to sit there and say their schedule really isn't that easy because they've played against teams you have "heard of". But when did "hearing" of a team actually make them good? And it's not about the teams they've played. It's about the fact that they've been in games with these bad teams. They haven't been in games with bad SEC teams, they've been in games with bad teams from the Big Ten and the Big East. Yes, they did beat Oklahoma, I understand that. But if you put Notre Dame on the field with Alabama, which seems like it's going to happen, my money is all over Bama. I am by no means saying they are not a good football team. I love Manti Teo, I love their defense and I love Brian Kelly. But I still don't firmly believe they're the best team in the country.

Sidenote: If Florida somehow ends up playing for the National Championship it's going to be a fucking travesty with this BCS shit, further proving how much of a joke the BCS actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment