Thursday, November 29, 2012

Syria's Internet is Far Worse Than Time Warner


http://www.renesys.com/blog/2012/11/syria-off-the-air.shtml

I was talking to my boy from Syria via AOL 7.0, having an unbelievable conversation about them being Iran's route to the sea and suddenly he just stopped responding to me. Obviously, the first thing I did was look up at the ceiling and curse at Time Warner for being the WORST internet provider on the planet...but just as I was in the middle-end portion of my tirade, I realized that my foot fetish video had successfully updated and my internet wasn't the problem. Alas, it wasn't Time Warner.

It was the entire country of Syria. Not a neighborhood. Literally the ENTIRE country lost the internet. Probably preparing for an attack and don't want their stupid idiot terrorists to post the plans on facebook. I don't know the real reason, I can only speculate. Still, pretty wild for an entire country to just fall of the grid.

So, the next time you're getting angry at your internet provider for sucking, just remember it could be worse you could have Syria's internet provider, or worse then that you could actually just live in Syria, or even worse than that you could live in Syria and not have any access to the internet, still worse, you could have FIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment