Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This Week In Sports

Opening Weekend For The NFL:
Football is back and I can't wait. Thursday night Johnny Baseball's defending champion Packers host the Saints. Then my G-Men go to the nation's capitol to play the Redskin's Sunday at 4:15. Everyone else who writes for me, their Jets, host Dallas in a game that I am hoping for some type of natural disaster to occur, Sunday night at 8:20. Other notable games include the Monday night game between New England and Miami, Sunday's Steelers vs Ravens match up and also on Sunday, Atlanta vs Chicago.

College Football:
The two marquee games of this weekend will be #20 Mississippi State vs #23 Auburn Saturday at 12:21 (yeah that's weird I know) and then at 4:30 #12 South Carolina will play #19 Georgia. My bulldogs shit the bed against Boise and look to rebound against South Carolina who is coming off a bad showing against East Carolina. Loser of this one is in a tough spot to start the season. Especially playing in the SEC.

MLB Game Of The Week: 
Phillies vs Brewers Friday 8pm. This series may very well decide NL home field advantage in the playoffs. And I will be in attendance as well.

Probable Starters:
PHI: Halladay (16-6)
MIL: Marcum (12-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment