Friday, September 23, 2011

Rico Bosco's Betz Of The Weekend

Week 3 recap :

A RIDICULOUSLY impressive 7-2 day. ( I even got greedy and hit the alternate line on the Stanford game -14.5 for a 2-1 payout late Saturday night). I'm not going to gloat but I'd like to illustrate some stats with you before I make my picks . Texas Tech won 59-13 on a 19 pt spread, UCLA and Texas combined for 38 points in the first half...on a 45.5 under/over, Cincinnati won 59-14 on a 31 point spread, Baylor won by 48 on an opening line of 22(it got to 30 by kickoff), and OK State and Tulsa put up 92 points on a 69 point under/over. What's the point? Am I a genius? No I barely passed the Chemistry regents....on the 2nd try. My point is that with 65 college games every Saturday, Vegas can't accurately make EVERY line. So the strategy is to pounce on the bad ones.

19-8 on the year ... $25 bet every game 19 wins x 25 = 475 - 28 x 8 (losses including vig ) 224 = $251.00 profit.... Not bad for 3 weeks work.

Week 4

Maybe the most poignant thing I've ever read , "You can't chase the night. When the night is over, the night is over. That's just the way it is. You just gotta wake up tomorrow and hope for a better day."- William "Worldwide Wes" Wesley (via Bill Simmons). It applies to life in so many ways, but today it applies to gambling. I'm up, but I'm still going to play it close to the vest. Only a few games jump out as great plays so I'll play those but I won't chase the rest.

South Florida/UTEP over 47.5 - UTEP is dreadful and South Florida is top-25 and just put up a Madden score of 70 last week. This is a gift. Steve owes me a drink at DJais next summer if South Florida covers the 47 themselves.

Florida/Kentucky Over 42.5- Not in love with either team, but to tell me all I need is a 24-21 score from two good SEC teams is too good to be true.

Oregon -15.5 Arizona - Pick Oregon : Arizona lost by 27 to Stanford and 23 To Oklahoma State. Oregon might be more high powered than both of them. Pick the Ducks in an onslaught as they try to prove to the world what I already know, they're VERY good despite the loss to LSU.

Baylor -20.5 Rice Pick : Baylor . Rice is a powerhouse..... in NYC high school basketball. Watch the fast break offense of Baylor run circles around this under matched mid major squad.

East Carolina -10.5 UAB pick ECU : Both teams are 0-2, but miles apart. ECU lost a shootout to ranked S. Carolina, and gave ranked V.Tech fits . UAB lost to Florida and Tulane by a combined score of 88-10... TULANE ?!?!?! ECU in a rout.

Texas Tech -21 Nevada pick T.Tech . Nevada's dreadful and Texas Tech is on the cusp of the Top 25... a rout helps them get some more votes.

Arizona State -3.5 USC pick Arizona State . USC is 3-0 and ranked... but I just don't buy it. Vontaze Burfict is a BEAST on defense for the Sun Devils, and QB Brock Osweiler is a 6'8 freak of an athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment