Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Where Did All These Notre Dame Fans Come From?

Okay, so I've kept quiet on Notre Dame for a while and now I've just about had it. Where did all these Notre Dame fans come from? Yes, I understand that they deserve to be in the National Title game as the only undefeated team in college football (I'm not counting Ohio State they don't count this year), but can we get real for a minute please?

First of all, you went to town on a shitty, yes shitty Big Ten this year. You beat Purdue, BYU, and Pitt by three points; and you should have lost the Pitt game. Not to mention you squeaked out a win against an a way over rated Michigan team and you guys really aren't that good. Now we have the people going crazy talking about how Manti Te'o should win the Heisman.

Look, I think the guy is awesome and he's clearly the heart and soul of the team, but Johnny Manziel put up better numbers than Cam Newton and Tim Tebow in the SEC and he's only a freshman. Not to mention that he went into Alabama and beat them and Alabama is a 9 point favorite over Notre Dame in the championship game. Come on, can you use your heads for just a second please? You want to mention how Manziel played against Florida? It was his FIRST collegiate game and they lost by 6 against what is definitely the best defense in the country. Give me a break. I'll take that loss over a 3 point win in overtime against Pitt any day of the week.

I know Notre Dame deserves to be there but I still don't believe they're one of the two best teams in college football. Come back down to earth and think for a minute please. Stop just talking about how Notre Dame is great just because they're Notre Dame. That's not the case. If they win the National Championship I might give them some credit, but until then I'll say what I want about them. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment