Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How Bad is Big Ten Football?

I get massacred on this thing for my knock on the Big Ten. Since I always knock on the Big Ten because I think it is one of the shittiest and overrated conferences in the country. To know how bad the Big Ten actually is, all you need to see is their All Conference team. The Big Ten all conference football team has three walk ons on it. So three guys who didn't get scholarships to play football, made the All Conference team. Then EIGHT of the 22 All Conference guys were either no star recruits or two star recruits. What does this mean? This means that the Big Ten is so far behind every other big time conference in recruiting that they're never going to be able to compete with the SEC, the Big XII and the Pac 12. They might not even be able to compete with some ACC teams at the rate they're going. Put Clemson on the field with Ohio State and tell me who wins that game. I'm telling you now, Clemson routes them. It's why the Big Ten is the underdog in almost all of their bowl games. Don't hate on me for hating on the Big Ten. Forty percent of your all conference team wasn't even recruited to play college football. Do the math, Big Ten football is atrocious. Maybe Urban Meyer and Brady Hoke can up the recruiting in the coming years, but right now the Big Ten is the equivalent to the Big East.

Sidenote: I don't consider the Big East to be a big time conference. Almost all those schools suck and that is why they weren't named.

No comments:

Post a Comment