Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Do Black People Drink Diet Coke?


Let me preface this by saying that I'm not being racist at all, I am not a racist, and I in fact love black people. But, something happened to me the other day that got me thinking (oh? you want me to rattle off the rest of that scene from pulp fiction? I can easily do it, but I'm not going to, not the time or place.) that I've never actually seen a black person order, or drink a diet coke.

Here's what happened. I was at a rest stop this weekend, preparing myself to dominate McDonald's for my cheat day. I'm at the soda dispenser preparing to dominate a Coke/Sprite mixture. All of a sudden an African American set of brothers (actual brothers) come to the machine and start to fill up their soda's. This is where my Isaac Newton "apple off the head" moment took place. The younger brother looks up at the soda machine and says, "What is Diet Coke?" Kid was 10 years old, I shit you not.

Then I realized something, black people do not drink diet coke. They just don't. When I think about Diet Coke I think about white yuppies slugging these suckers back. Just a straight up dorky white guy drink. Skinny- fat people drink diet coke. Fact. There is no such thing as a black guy who could be described as skinny fat. Also fact. Black dudes are either absolutely shredded or are 5"6 400 pounds, there is no middle ground. Ripped dudes don't need to worry about drinking diet coke, and fat dudes don't care about anything. An extra 200 calories in a 5000 calorie a day diet isn't going to make or break the scale.

If I'm wrong tell me. If I just realized something that no one on earth has also tell me. I think I'm going with the latter, the Sloth man dropping inconceivable knowledge on all you mofuckas.

No comments:

Post a Comment