Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a New York City Basketball Rivalry

Well guess what's up in the Big Apple ladies and gentlemen? It's a New York City basketball rivalry. If the games the Knicks and Nets play against each other are going to be anything like the first two, this is going to be fun to watch. I'm not even a huge NBA fan and I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed watching these two teams play last night.

You have two good teams with guys playing hard from start to finish. You have superstars like Carmelo Anthony and Deron Williams battling back and forth the entire night. And you have guys going out there and caring about every single possession. It's great to watch.

Last night the Knicks got even with the season series and yes Carmelo dropped 45 and is an entirely different player this year but if you are sitting there and not saying that the addition of Jason Kidd to the Knicks hasn't changed the whole landscape of this team then you're either blind or kidding yourself. Just the leadership he brings and the way he carries himself gives this team a whole new element we haven't seen from them in years and it's great to watch.

Am I a Knicks fan? No, I'm still not a Knicks fan and I'm not jumping on the Knicks bandwagon just because they're actually good this year. I'm still sticking with my Thunder like I did last year and I also like to watch the Clippers play a little basketball. But when I see the Knicks and Nets on the schedule, that is a game I am now sure to watch. Nothing beats the playoff atmosphere of these games and it's right here in our city. I'm psyched to see what else is to come of this rivalry. Yes, I said it, it's a rivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment