Thursday, September 15, 2011

Are The Mets The Worst Team In Baseball?

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310915121

 

After getting swept by the Washington Nationals today, Baseball should remove the Mets from the Major Leagues. First of all, if you lose four in a row to the Nationals, you are all sorts of awful. There are double A teams who can beat them. Second of all, this is not a major league roster by any means. 

This team is completely pathetic in every facet of baseball. Mike Pelfrey, the "ace" is the cheaper version of AJ Burnett, and with worse stuff. Pelfrey sucks, I would trade his ass for a bucket of baseballs in a second. David Wright has looked miserable at the plate for the last two weeks, and Jason Bay isn't worth an eighth of his fucking contract. AND as I say EVERY YEAR, Jose Reyes doesn't hit in September. I don't wanna hear about the hamstring. If you're hurt, don't play. Stop using it as an excuse for not hitting and not running when you actually do get on base. The whole lineup sucks, they don't score runs and I think the fact that Carlos Beltran, who's been off the team since the trade deadline still leads the team in home runs and RBI's. And it's not even like his numbers were crazy. 15 home runs and 66 RBI's are not numbers that are impossible to pass. 

Now to the bullpen. Bobby Parnell, you throw 100mph, how do you not get anyone out? It's nearly impossible to throw as hard as you do and suck that bad. Pedro Beato, I don't know what happened to you, but you have sucked the entire second half of the season, I actually can't watch you throw a baseball anymore. Isringhausen you're like 85 years old, go to a retirement home and stop trying to pitch. And Ryota Igarashi, like I said earlier in the year, go make sushi bro, because you're terrible. Finally, Manny Acosta, one day you look like Cy Young and the next day you get lit up like a Christmas Tree, figure it out. 

Surprisingly, starting pitching, other than Pelfrey, is not the problem. It's just everything else. Especially our catching, which I'm pretty sure Stevie Wonder could do a better job behind the plate. Regardless, does anyone else have any thoughts on how awful this team is? Should I get a new team? Or should I just drink myself into oblivion every time I watch them play? All I can say is thank god the season ends in two weeks. Because I couldn't bare to watch this shitty display of baseball anymore. 

1 comment: