Monday, January 14, 2013

What a Weekend It Was For the NFL Playoffs

What a weekend of games huh? Double overtime and the number one seed in the AFC going down on Saturday. Colin Kaepernick having a party all of the Packers faces, the Seahawks making a monster come back and then falling short against top NFC seed Atlanta and the Patriots doing what they do in the playoffs just winning games.

Can it get any better next week? Who knows, I hope so. But this is what makes the NFL playoffs so great. It's one game and anything can happen. Now it'll be the Falcons hosting the 49ers and the Patriots hosting the Ravens in an AFC Championship game rematch from last year.

Championship Weekend Preview:

49ers at Falcons: What do I think here? Well it's early in the week and I'm still not sure but I love the 49ers here. Why? Because they win games in the 4th quarter. When I watch this team play and the 4th quarter comes around it's basically time to pull out the body bags because this defense kills people late in the games. Add to that Colin Kaepernick tearing it up and I kind of like the 49ers. But Matty ice and Tony Gonzalez got the playoff monkey off their back finally, and they have that crowd at home in the dome. Don't sleep on Atlanta, but as of Monday I like San Fran.

Ravens at Patriots: Gronk is out for the remainder of the playoffs but Baltimore still has to deal with Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd and of course Touchdown Tommy Brady. I want to see Ray Lewis play in the Super Bowl in his last season. That's the only way to send that guy out. I love that guy, but I think the Patriots will find a way.

Basically, I'm saying it's going to be 49ers vs Patriots come Super Bowl Sunday. But that's just as of right now. This is the NFL Playoffs and it's been fantastic so far. I can't wait for Sunday now, it's the greatest time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment