Friday, January 25, 2013

Defriendment Fridays Returns With a Bang

That's going to be our new logo by the way I'm working on the revamped site as we speak. Anyway, today is a special day in the world of Talk of the Town because it is the official return of Defriendment Fridays. I kind of wanted to see how the blog would do without it for a little while and then I started getting some emails and complaints and then this kid pissed me off so much over the last ten days that I couldn't help but find the need to make an example out of him.

This one is a special one as he has so graciously decided to let everyone know every day he completes his insanity workout. So instead of just giving you one status, I am going to give you ten of them. Yes, he started posting statuses at the start of the second week of his insanity program. And this is why he is getting defriended. I give you days 7 through 17.

The Culprit: Vincent (last name removed)

Statuses that broke the camel's back: 

"Day 7 Insanity Complete! Start of week 2. It def kicked my ass today" (January 14th)

"Day 9 Insanity complete! Pure Cardio! Awesome workout!...Correction from yesterday, it was day 8. Day 7 was a rest day." (January 15th)

"Day 10 Insanity Complete! Plyometric cardio circuit! Awesome workout. Tomorrow is cardio recovery." (January 16th)

"Day 11 Insanity Complete! It was nice to have an easy day. Back to harder exercises tomorrow." (January 17th) 

"Day 12 Insanity Complete!!!! Awesome Workout!!" (January 18th)

"Day 13 Insanity Complete! Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Hard but awesome workout. Feel great! Rest day tomorrow!" (January 19th)

"Day 15 Insanity Complete! Second round of the Fit Test. Here are my results.
Switch Kicks (2 kicks=1) - 50 (+5 (10 kicks))
Power Jacks - 53 (+11)
Power Knees - 92 (+25)
Power Jumps - 30 (+10)
Globe Jumps (4 Jumps =1) - 9 (+2 (8 Jumps))
Suicide Jumps - 16 (+5)
Push-up Jacks - 32 (+12)
Low Plank Oblique - 42 (+12)
Pretty good increase so far. I definitely need to push myself more and get those numbers higher. I have lost a few lbs but def feel and look better since beginning." (January 21st) 


"Day 16 Insanity Complete! a great workout today. Feeling better every day." (January 22nd)

"Day 17 Insanity Complete! Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs! Awesome workouts. Really pushed myself today I can def feel it." (January 23rd)

Reason for Defriendment: I can deal with you putting up that you've completed your insanity workout. I get it, you're excited. But first of all, nobody gives a fuck about you and your workouts. Second of all, nobody wants daily fucking updates about you and your workouts. Third of all, nobody gives a flying fuck about your test results. Fourth of all, how badly are you begging for attention? And lastly, you have used more exclamation points in a ten day period than any man should use in his entire life. For all these reasons, you have been relieved of your duties as a facebook friend of mine. You are the weakest link, goodbye.  



No comments:

Post a Comment