Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Take on PED's


 
First it was Jose Canseco coming out and telling us how everyone in Major League Baseball was on the juice during his time. Then we get to Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa. We made our way to Andy Pettite and A-Rod and now we're all the way to Ray Lewis and all these other baseball dudes. Here's my take on the whole situation. 

I'm officially convinced that every person playing a major sport is on something illegal. Everyone flips out when a report comes out that says someone was taking PED's and they limit it to only that one guy. For instance, whenever A-Rod is mentioned in anything everyone else gets overlooked. How about Gio Gonzalez who won 21 games last season? What about Nelson Cruz who's a physical freak? And of course we know about Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon. 

Don't limit things like this to just the guys who get caught. If this many guys are getting caught, it's more than just these guys who are doing it. You're naive if you think other professional athletes aren't looking for an advantage of some sort. They always are, and they always will be. A scientist will always come out with something new that can go undetected and the cycle will continue. 

As for Ray Lewis, I kept quiet on this until I got all my information. I would rather be last on a story and know I'm right, than first and know I'm wrong. If you look up the stuff that Ray Lewis allegedly took, you can literally get it at a drug store. It's stuff that helps you heal quicker. If he sprayed it under his tongue and got tested that same day it wouldn't come up on the test. And if it's something you can get over the counter, why is it considered illegal? Not to mention that you and I both know EVERY player in the NFL is on something. Look at the size of these guys, don't be that ignorant. 

Believe what you want to believe everyone. But when it comes to performance enhancing drugs in sports, everyone is doing it. And if everyone is doing it is it still cheating? No. Don't tell me I'm wrong on this. You're just seeing what you want to see if you can't agree with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment