Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hey Manti, What's Your A/S/L

You're the best I ever had Manti!!!

I didn't want to come out yesterday with a knee jerk story about this whole Manti Teo fiasco, so I decided to sleep on it, watch some news coverage and try to formulate my own opinion on this truly bizarre story. First things first, very VERY cute fake girlfriend. Good choice. If you're going to have a fake internet girlfriend you better make damn sure that she's wifey material, A+ on that effort. 

Notre Dame's AD came out yesterday in support of Teo which I thought was an incredibly stupid thing to do. Unless he's 100% positive that Teo isn't complicit in this story there is no way he should have come out with a statement like he did. He's fired if he isn't right about Manti's "great character." 

I've also come up with two reasonable explanations for this story, 1) He's 100% involved in this and he did it in order to gain publicity. 2) He has the gay. Nothing wrong with that, unless of course your Mormon and go to a catholic school, but it's 2013; being gay isn't a big deal.

First scenario. He's behind this thing. My friend said it to me last night, if he had never met this girl, and he actually loved her, don't you think he would have at least tried to Skype with her? I mean, she allegedly went to Stanford, she allegedly had a facebook and twitter, any reasonable human being would assume that she has access to a computer and could download Skype for free. I just don't understand how in an unbelievably advanced technological age you wouldn't think to maybe Skype the person you love. I guess that's just me though. 

He also said he met her. Lie. He said he talked with her on the phone every night? Bullshit. I can just picture Teo on one of those AOL chatrooms from back in the day chatting up babes all night. Hey babe, what's your A/S/L. What do you look like? Send me a pic of your tits!! The girl asks him who he looks like, he responds, I'm Manti Teo. I'm the best player on a nationally ranked football team, which also happens to be the most storied football school in the world. I just like to chill on AOL chatrooms because it's EXTREMELY difficult for me to literally choose any girl I want on campus. I'd much rather have a relationship with a fake life person. I'm a really nice guy, please don't break my heart! Yeah, that's highly believable. 

Second scenario. He's gay. Like I said, nothing wrong with this...there's really only a problem with it when you make up a fake internet girlfriend, have her virtually killed, tell the press about this heart wrenching story, gain publicity from it, become a Heisman candidate, and become the "feel good" story of the year. We get it bro, you're in a very different position than most other people who want to come out, you are from a deeply religious mormon family, you go to Notre Dame, and you're going to be playing football at the professional level. So as much as I believe if you're gay in this day and age you should come out, I can also sympathize with the fact that some people have more difficult situations than others...still no excuse to do what you did. 

The whole thing doesn't make sense. The dude was the best football player at Notre Dame. Are you really going to tell me that he couldn't have a real girlfriend? I know ESPN isn't saying this, but I feel like that's the most obvious thing. Look at Manziel, he's ugly as sin. In the looks department he outkicked his coverage by a million with his girlfriend. But he's the starting QB at a nationally ranked school, not that tough to get a girlfriend. Same with Teo, not that hard to have a real, physical, who you can actually see and feel girlfriend.

The other possibility which I didn't include he's that he's a complete and total moron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment