Thursday, June 30, 2011

What Is Going On At Citi Field?

Are these the New York Mets that I've been seeing lately? 52 runs in four games and 69 hits? What is going on? To tell you the truth, I cannot actually answer that question. I mean let's be serious with this, Ronny Paulino was batting in the clean up spot last night and had four hits. Scott Hairston tripled with the bases loaded and Dan Murphy drove in four runs. These are not big name guys. But really, who cares?

Their lineup is makeshift at best and they have been scoring runs almost like that team from the Bronx. I don't know what's going on, but at least they're fun to watch these days. Oh, and they're two games over .500. Who would have predicted that at this point in the season? In all honesty, I think it's this Terry Collins guy. He is taking a team with a mediocre lineup at best and somehow making them play hard every day. He is getting the best out of his players, and that is why they have this new persona this year. I'm not saying that the Mets will keep this up, but there might be a chance with Collins at the helm. One more game in Detroit and it's back home for the Subway Series. Let's see what happens.

Sidenote: Now that I mentioned this they'll most likely lose the next like eight in a row and score a total of 4 runs in those 8 games, but hey, at least I tried to give them some props for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment