Monday, June 27, 2011

Bar Review Monday

What's up everyone? This weekend was pretty low key for me. Attended a graduation party Saturday, congratulations to my friend Vinny on his graduation from St. John's University. Anyone who needs a good CPA in the next few years, he is your guy. Attended another graduation party for my cousin Angela. Congrats to you as well on graduation from FIT. As for Friday, I jumped on the Staten Island Ferry with some hoodlums for a night out in Manhattan (I will always refer to Manhattan by name and not "The City". The city is all five boroughs not just one.)

This weeks bar review will be of Thunder Jacksons (TJ for short). Located on the corner of Bleeker and Sullivan Streets in the Washington Square area, this bar is pretty decent. For Manhattan, the prices are astronomical. Cute bartenders and a decent well mixed crowd. Pretty decent music too. As for some of you, it's not that strict if you know what I mean. Friday night they had a special, $4 bottles of bud light and $5 for Tommy the Mics drink of choice, Jaeger. Smart move by the TJ's staff, putting a cute little lady away from the bar serving just these two items.

I give Thunder Jacksons an overall grade of a 7.5 out of 10. It's more of that local spot, that go to place. Prices are good and the crowd is good. Laid back type of joint. The only negative is it was a little too crowded, but I won't be too picky. Check it out people, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment