Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Does Dating Even Exist Anymore?

Post by Vince of Reason:

If you look up the term dating in the Webster’s dictionary it is defined as the following :  a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by two persons with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. While the term has several senses, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.

To put this in simpler terms, going on a date is when a guy and a girl go out for an evening to see a movie and have a nice dinner and whatever happens after that is their business (no strings attached). Oh yeah, girls, alcohol doesn’t have to be consumed.

Now on the other hand, if Staten Island Girls had their own dictionary, which wouldn’t happen because let’s be serious, who would publish the thing? Girls out here don’t even know how to cook Easy Mac, imagine actually writing something. Well anyway, let’s use our imagination and pretend they did have their own dictionary. Okay, well the word “Dating” would be defined as the following: N/A. If you ask a girl these days if they have been on any dates lately, they’ll probably stare at you for about 10 minutes with that puzzled look, thinking to themselves what the fuck is this kid talking about? Dates? Hahaha who even does that any more? Wasn’t that like so 10 years ago?

(In the fucked up SI girl mind) she’s thinking to herself why would I want to go out with someone who is probably a nice kid and not some typical juice monkey who I can meet and tiki bar? Who will probably treat me with respect, take me to see a movie and a nice dinner and actually call me the next day and remember my name. Why would I want to take a night off  going out drinking with my girls so I can get treated like a normal women, when I could go to A.C., find a bunch of random rich guys, (well technically they’re “hood rich”, they don’t really have money they just pretend and act like they do) be a bottle groupie, get obliterated and( later on throw up in the bathroom because I didn’t drink enough if I don’t yak my brains out), post mobile uploads on my facebook wall of the  bottle of grey goose that some jerk off who doesn’t even know my name bought, and do something at the end of the night which I will probably regret? Oh and can’t forget to post a facebook status of how bad my hangover is that I don’t remember a thing from last night. “Ughh fml work all day and I’m hangover, someone come visit me”

Yeah doesn’t that sound familiar? I mean to sum it up, girls out here are only interested in getting sloshed every night of the week. It’s the way it is today and what makes guys laugh is that they have the balls to complain about how “they’ll never find anyone”. Oh give me a break. Maybe if you actually gave a normal guy a chance to take you out on a Friday instead of worrying about dollar beers at some shithole bar, you would be successful. The word “dating” is foreign to you. So stop complaining about how you’re always getting fucked over because you’re completely ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment