Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunger Games Was Ehh


I thoroughly apologize for the absence...yet at the same time, sorry I'm not sorry. I've been on more planes this month (12) than I have had days in Boston (9). Anyways, I digress, last night I went to see The Hunger Games with my girlfriend. She has been "peeing her pants" to see this for about 6 months and everyone I know who's read the book won't shut the fuck up about how awesome the movie is going to be. Before seeing it I heard a variety of mixed reviews, from awesome, to very good, to awful...the people who said awful were my brothers; whose opinion I don't value so I basically just disregarded what they said.

So after seeing it I have to say it was literally the phrase "ehh." Like it wasn't great, it wasn't bad it was just "ehh." The main chick was cute and Lenny Kravitz is a handsome freaky looking motherfucker; but the movie itself was white rice. I will say Woody Harrelson is an absolute bawwss. I love this dude, I will literally watch everything that he's in. From White Man Can't Jump to Zombieland, the guy is good in everything that he's in.

So, my recommendation....don't see it on a friday or saturday night. See it on a night where you can get a deal...Sunday matinee perhaps. Don't spend 11.50 on this movie it's not worth it. And anybody who tells you it's great is probably a fan of Twilight and/or reading books. And anybody who enjoys either of these things is not somebody I want to associate with.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back Slothy

    And I agree Woody Harrelson deserves a medal or something

    ReplyDelete