Friday, October 21, 2011

You Obviously Don't Know What You're Talking About!!

My ultimate, primo pet peeve will always be those people who talk about a subject like they are experts when they actually do not have a clue. The best part is when you know a lot about that subject and you know what that person is saying is totally incorrect.

For example; I was talking to someone about the Yankees right after they lost to the Tigers and Robinson Cano came up. The kid then states "I hope Cano wins another batting title". Fact Robinson Cano, has never won a batting title. My response "Before he wins another, he needs to win one". The kid then insisted Cano had won a batting title. If you don't know then shut up, you look stupid.

I was once explaining my job to someone who is not familiar with it or not the field of work and was trying to sound like they did. I am an engineer you are an accountant, I'll build your house and you do my taxes. I don't tell you how to do your job and vice versa. Nobody ever likes that person.
There is nothing wrong with not knowing something. Like if I turn on Fox News, I know nothing about politics. When the presidential elections come around, it might as well be "innie meanie minie mo". I don't know and truthfully I don't give a shit. I admit that now admit that you don't know squat about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment