Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yunel Escobar Taught Me Something Yesterday




Reggie Bush used to wear his hometown area code on his eye black, while Tim Tebow used to put different bible verses on his.

Yunel Escobar apparently enjoys racial slurs with his eye black.

The Blue Jays shortstop was caught wearing eye black with "Tu ere maricon" written on them. Which is spanish for "whale's vagina"; no wait that can't be right? It actually means "You are a faggot".

I'd love to hear the explanation Escobar has for this. How can you be that arrogant and naive to think no one would say anything about that?

With that being said, I think this is going to blow over quick. No one cares about the Blue Jays and he wrote it in Spanish. Plus this isn't his first rodeo with controversy. This dude is talented, but anytime Bobby Cox wants you off his team because he can't deal with your bullshit. You got to know there's a problem bro.

Imagine an American player was dumb enough to write "you are a faggot" on his eye black, in english? That would be national news.

Escobar's going to get off a little easier in my opinion.

But nonetheless, I have a bigger gripe. Not with Escobar but with latin baseball players in general.

I've been playing baseball my whole life. I grew up playing against kids who only spoke spanish on the field. I never had a clue what "maricon" meant. 

I don't know what I thought it meant actually.

That word was always thrown around like some cheap skank in the dugout. Was I the only one who didn't know what it meant?

Next thing your going to tell me "schmuck" actually means dick in hebrew.

Damn, I can't imagine what else these Spanish kids were calling me. 

Thanks for the knowledge Yunel. I wish I knew this ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment