Friday, September 21, 2012

Did Anyone Actually Think The Giants Were Winning That Game Last Night?

I'll admit it, going into last night I was pretty sure the Giants had absolutely no chance of winning that game. Short week, three main guys hurt, and they had to go on the road with limited practice time to play against an up and coming QB who we thought was primed to have a big night on a big stage. But what did the Giants do? They showed up and layed a smack down on Carolina.

The D-Line who I've been talking shit about for the last three weeks, mainly Tuck and Osi, actually made plays last night. JPP just did what he always does and caused havoc from start to finish. And what else can you say about Eli? The dude just wins games. And the unsung heroes last night, the offensive line. Big shout out to those guys. Eli got hit one time all night long. With the back ups in, the Giants steamrolled Carolina and the best part was that no one expected it.

Also, Ramses Barden and Andre Brown had monster nights and stepped up big to replace two important pieces on this Giants roster. Am I that high on this team right now? I'm iffy about them still. But the secondary looked so much better with Prince back in the mix and this guy Hosely. But I guess that helps when the pass rush is just demolishing the opposing team's offensive line. Great win, but nobody expected it. And that's what the Giants do. When you think they're down and out, they show up and punch you in the face. And I love it.

Sidenote: I must be a genius. At 7:50 last night I inserted Ramses Barden into my fantasy lineup to the tune of 22 points. GM of the week award goes to myself for that genius split second decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment