Monday, September 17, 2012

Jets-Week 2


Not much to say about week 2. Didn't think the Jets had a real shot to win, even with the injuries to the important defensive weapons of the Steelers. This picture doesn't explain why the Jets lost, but it has a lot to do with it. This play only resulted in 7 points, but at the time it was a huge momentum shift. 3rd and 16 and Big Ben heaves it down field and embarrasses Cro on this play. Makes it a two possession game and completely deflates the NYJ.

While watching the game I found myself flat out amazed at how Big Ben moves in the pocket and shakes off tackles time and time again. You would think after the 5th arm tackle the Jets tried to bring him down with they'd realize that maybe breaking down, and making good contact with the guy is  a better idea then running by him full speed and trying to bring down a 250 pound dude with your arm...but that's probably way easier said then done. My guess however, since missing tackles was a trend this game, is that the miscues on defense are going to be reviewed on film this week, the defense is going to challenge themselves at practice during the week and the Miami Dolphins are going to be in for one hell of game next sunday.

Although Sanzhez's numbers were pretty horrendous yesterday, I personally don't think he played that badly. 10-27 for 135 is admittedly pretty disgraceful, but there were about 7 passes thrown yesterday that I thought could have been caught. One play in particular that bothered me was near the goal line on 3rd down...Sanchez read Blitz and for some reason Cumberland didn't. Quick pass there to Cumberland and the Jets have a first down, maybe the score 7 instead of 3, could have changed the entire complexion of the game. WildCat was used a total of 3 times yesterday, and they were all consecutive. I thought Sparano did a piss poor job of executing the offense this week. If your big off season acquisition was Tim Tebow I think it would be appropriate to use him more than three times in a game. As balanced as the offense was during week 1, was as unbalanced as it was week 2. I thought not having Keller really effected the NYJ passing game, as Keller provides Sanchez with a security blanket, especially on 3rd down, short yardage. He is a big part of the receiving core, and they need him in the lineup desperately. One thing I was very pleased with yesterday was the way Shonn "the typo" Greene and Sing Like Bilal Powell ran the ball against a very good Steelers run D. I'd like to see these two develop throughout the year and maintain the ground and pound philosophy that has served the Jets well.

A couple of other notes, I thought the replacement referees were absolutely atrocious on both sides this game. Some of the Pass Interferences that were called against the Steelers were an absolute joke. And one play in particular that is really going to bother me was the botched call after a NYJ challenge. Not only did the Steelers clearly fumble, but Redman's knee was CLEARLY down in the backfield. The replacements missed two crucial calls on one play and they had the chance to review them, it's simply unacceptable. Laron Landry has gotten 3 personal fouls already in two games and I couldn't care less. The guy plays aggressive, hard nose football and I can live with him getting penalized every once in a while. Finally, my last note of the game has to do with Santanio Holmes. I really cannot express how much it pisses me off when every time this dude doesn't make a reception he's calling for Pass Interference. It's getting on my last nerve, I really cannot stand it. Just catch the goddamn ball when it's thrown to you and let the replacement refs call the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment