Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Sarah Says" Not All Women Are The Same


The Talk of the Town loves the ladies. We all know that. Ladies are great. But so many men seem to think there is only one type of lady worth paying attention to – the scantily clad, big tittied, blonde bimbo. Now, I’m not hating on blonde bimbos, everyone needs love, but fellas, get a grip. You’re missing out on more than you can possibly imagine. (I’m taking inspiration from my weird self for this post, but it is no way self-promoting. But in case you’re wondering, yes, I’m single. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

Beer
Did you know there are girls that don’t exclusively drink Vodka Cranberries? I’m not shitting you, there really are. There are two main bars near my apartment – The usual sports/cheap beer/pool bar and the alehouse. Do you know what you’ll find if you skip the sports bar and head to the alehouse? 16 craft beers on tap. Did you know that girls can love craft beer? Passionately. They can passionately love craft beer. They get more excited about Delirium Tremens on tap than $1 PBRs. I count myself among these women – fridge full of Le Fin de Monde and Magic Hat Blind Faith and only gin in my liquor cabinet.

Clothes
Did you know that some girls don’t dress for attention? I know, I know, you love seeing legs and tits at the bar, and understandably so. But that’s kind of shallow, y’know? (It’s okay, everyone is shallow sometimes.) Look around you, though. Maybe next time you’re walking down the street, you’ll find a girl who is more comfortable dressing for herself than for men. What does that mean? It means confidence. It means that girl you see on the street would rather make herself happy than expose herself for attention. (That’s a harsh view of women, I know, and it doesn’t apply to everyone. Don’t send me hate mail.) That’s confidence, fellas. And that’s sexy as hell.

Intelligence
Oh man, you guys love dumb blondes, don’t you? I bet you think smart girls are duller than the doldrums – all huddled up in the library, ugly sweater and gross glasses with totally awful hair. Oh man, you guys. Really? That’s the worst. Did you know that some smart girls are stylish, sexy and all around awesome? Let me point out a few intelligent women you may recognize – Natalie Portman (Harvard), Julia Stiles (Columbia), Emma Watson (Brown, Oxford). Did you know that girl who you asked for help in class (talking to you, Hammer) can possess all the qualities you want in a woman, but look for in the hot, dumb chick at the bar? Well now you do, you’re welcome.

I think I’ve covered the trifecta of important differences here. I know some of you will roll your eyes and think, “Ugh, this girl is just a lonely old hag that is resentful of hot chicks.” And of course I’m jealous of hot chicks. Who isn’t? Society has hammered into my head that my likes and personalities will leave me alone for the rest of my life. (Shame I’m allergic to cats, isn’t it?) But guys remember, there are so many more girls of value out there than you think. Open your eyes.

Sarah is the creator of Not the It Girls. You can contact her at sarah@nottheitgirls.com.

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog posts; we have something in common. We should hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down, JohnnyEbs. I'm down. (Find me at nottheitgirls.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Portman and Hermione, sexy and smart. Gotta be kidding me with Julia Stiles, she's brutal and ruined Dexter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I kind of pulled that one out of my ass, not gonna lie.

      Delete