Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cultured People

What the fuck is a "cultured" person? I will never understand that phrasing. What does it mean? That you like art, are knowledgeable of art, you like jazz music etc? If you like that stuff, that's all well and good. That is what you like, that doesn't make you cultured. It means you are different, because let's face it, not many people are into that stuff nowadays.

To define culture.
Culture - The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization or group

Nowhere in that definition does it say, a bunch of stuck up snobby people who wear wool socks and clothes with no labels. Just because I am a sports freak, didn't go to some liberal arts college, didn't get a PhD in Western Civilization, and enjoy the sight of bleach blond girls with fake tits doesn't mean I am not cultured. I have my own culture. One that is shared with all normal warm blooded males. I don't call you nonathletic or feeble so you don't call me uncultured. Put it this way Mr. Artsy. Most of society is into art or sports? Ugh sports!!! So I am about to define what a "cultured" person is.

Someone who likes things roughly 10% of society of does and thinks they are cool because they are different. Also, are stuck up about and secretly jealous of the athletic kids they grew up with.

Yes, these artsy people are so lacking in the athletic department they would come in second or third in the special Olympics.

To the guy or girl who thinks he or she is cultured. Take a walk, you're judging people who can beat you up and have the ability to publicly embarrass you. You are not cultured, you just like what you like and I like what I like. Sorry that I don't enjoy going to a museum and trying to figure out what a splash of red paint means. I am sorry you don't like going to football games and eating ground beef. Shit happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment