Thursday, February 14, 2013

I've Changed My Mind: The Miami Hurricanes are the Best Team in College Basketball

 
Last week I wrote about who is really the best team in college basketball. At the time Miami was ranked 8th in the nation and I said the battle was between Indiana, Florida and Michigan. I was wrong. The more I watch this Miami Hurricane team play the more I see the best team in the country. 

Listen, Big Ten fans everywhere are screaming right now saying how wrong I am. Listen, take your bias out of it and just watch the game. In terms of length, athleticism and experience this team is the best team in the country. The eye test tells me and most people who watch college basketball that Miami is the best team in the country. 

Even the BPI (Basketball Power Index) has Miami at number one. The BPI is what measures how good a team is when they have all their players available. And when this team has all its players available, there is nobody better. They became the only team in the history of the ACC to blow out Duke and North Carolina by at least 20 in the same season. So what North Carolina is in a down year. They've had down years before and this never happened. 

Miami isn't a good team beating up on bad teams. Miami is a very good team who has beaten some very good teams. They're those old guys at the YMCA lacing up the old Reeboks and putting on their knee braces and just running circles around you and your buddies. This is the best team in the country and I'm willing to bet they're chomping at the bit to face Cody Zeller and his 6'9 210 pound frame. Until I'm proven wrong I'm sticking with them. Miami is the best team in college basketball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment