Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Sarah Says" How Our Fashion Affects Our Life

imgres.jpg 
Dress Code – How Men’s Fashion Affects Your Life

Last weekend, I was at the local bar having a nice, delicious pint of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale, just minding my own business. I wasn’t dressed up, I had no intention of picking up men, but I didn’t see any harm in looking. But, much to my surprise, men came to me. (Serves me right for going to the bar by myself.) I discovered then that how these men dressed immediately decided my interest. So, gentleman, here’s how to look your best to win those ladies’ hearts.

Shave
If you have a beard, trim that Grizzly Adams shit. If you don’t have a beard or are completely incapable of growing one, keep your face clean. Stubble can be sexy but the In Between or Random Spots of Facial Hair Growth are huge turn offs.

Shirts That Fit You Properly
It’s so easy to run into a store and grab whatever t-shirts or button downs you see without trying them on. Take a few minutes and do just that. An ill-fitting shirt gives the image of laziness, even if you aren’t lazy. It just looks sloppy and sloppiness is not attractive.

Pull Your Goddamn Pants Up
This is pretty self-explanatory. If I’m interested in seeing what kind of underwear you’re wearing, I’d take you home first. Or, you know, date you for a prolonged period of time then take you home. Probably the latter.

Snazzy Shoes
Don’t wear your nasty, stinky sneakers to the bar. Do you really not have at least a clean, decent pair of sneakers to wear? Oh, you don’t? Then go get some.

Clean Up Nice
I’ve been told that I “Clean Up Nice” and I’ve certainly told other people that. Don’t roll into the bar in old jeans and a t-shirt. Clean yourself up a little bit. Don’t go overboard with a shirt and tie, but at least throw on something that lets the ladies know that you didn’t roll out of bed.

Classy boys get the girl. At least this girl. And above all, don’t tan, don’t spike your hair and don’t wear “Jersey Shore” style t-shirts.

Sarah is the creator of Not the It Girls. You can contact her at sarah@nottheitgirls.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment