Monday, October 22, 2012

Reader Email: The Two Thirds Date

Email from Female Bartender (NYC): 
"Since I've been single I've been going out on dates here and there and I really haven't gone on many good ones. However, this one definitely takes the cake. I had gone out with this guy once and we had a decent time, it wasn't terrible we just went out for like one drink and talked the whole time. It was okay at best. He asked me if I wanted to go out again and I figured why not, I'll just see what happens. We had about a glass of wine each and probably a cheese platter. So now date number one we went out for one drink, and date number two we have a glass of wine each and a cheese platter. We're not exactly talking about expensive stuff here. The end of the second date comes around and we get the bill that might have been $30 max. He looks at me and says, "I'll go two thirds with you on this one?" At first I thought he was joking because that would've actually been a funny joke. But then I realized he was serious. He's taking me out and he's actually gonna make me pay. What the fuck is going on? Then he has the balls to try and kiss me at the end of the night and gets mad when I pull away. Sorry, but if you're not gonna pay, I'm not doing anything with you. Am I wrong on this one?" 

You are not wrong on this one. This might just be the biggest douche move I've ever heard. I'll go two thirds with you? If I was you I would've told this moron to kick rocks and then walked the fuck out. If a guy is taking you out, you shouldn't be paying. It's as simple as that. Like and who does that? Two thirds? Like he's doing you some sort of favor by going taking two thirds of the bill. I bet he wonders why he doesn't get laid after he takes girls out.

No comments:

Post a Comment