Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Don't Quite Understand What Girardi is Doing Tonight

Look, I'm not a genius or anything but I would like to know what the fuck Girardi is doing tonight. What am I talking about? Why isn't CC starting this game on short rest? You're down 2-0, and the Tigers just happen to be throwing a guy named Justin Verlander. CC has a good history with starting on three days rest, and no matter how you look at tonight it's a must win game. If I'm Girardi, I'm throwing my ace and trying to keep my team in this series. Yeah, I know Hughes won 16 games this year, I get all that. But Hughes isn't your ace, Hughes wasn't the ALCS MVP in '09, and Hughes isn't the guy the Yankees gave a bunch of money to so he could come to New York and win championships.

I don't understand what Girardi is doing tonight. What is he trying to prove? If you go down 3-0 you have to win two in a row in Detroit just to get it back to the stadium. This is the game you need to win. With your team not hitting a lick you need your number one on the hill. I don't understand this. This is fucking stupid. If they lose tonight there are gonna be a lot of questions asked about why CC wasn't on the hill. Yankee fans, any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment