I know that I'm definitely going to get crucified for this post and you guys can shit on me all you want but I am not totally sold on Andrew Luck. I know what they say about him and how he's the best quarterback prospect since Marino and that he's ridiculously smart and has all the tools, I get that. But I don't know if he has the "it" factor. I just don't see it in him when I watch his interviews. I don't see that charisma and that swagger that you need to play in the NFL. I don't see that quiet confidence in him. You know what I'm talking about. That confidence where guys just know they're going to go in there and they're going to get it done. I'm not so sure with him. Remember what everyone said about Cam Newton when he was coming out last year? They said he was a work in progress and they weren't sure about him. But do you know what I saw from Cam Newton throughout his interviews and everything they put him through? I saw that swag, I saw that confidence, I saw a guy who knew he was going to be great. I don't see it with Luck. You might say I'm not basing it off anything yet because he hasn't played a game in the NFL and you might be right. But I can also say the same thing about everyone who thinks he's going to be great. What are you basing it off of? The truth is that we really don't know and only time will tell. But we have had some successful QB's get drafted first overall the last few years and we haven't had a huge bust in a while. I think this one might end up being the bust we've been waiting for. I'm not wishing it on him because I think he's a great dude and I do hope he does well. But I'm not sold on him yet. Maybe he'll make me eat my words but only time will tell. If he's a back up in three years though, don't say I didn't tell you so.
Sidenote: Even if he doesn't make it in the NFL he has a fucking degree from Stanford. He'll be just fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment