Thursday, April 11, 2013

You Know a Name is Ghetto When Your iPhone Isn't Even in the Ballpark

There is probably no bigger love/hate relationship like a person with their iPhone. Why? Because auto correct can be a real mother fucker or it can be your best friend. It's your best friend when you're drunk because it almost acts like it knows you're drunk and knows what you're trying to say. But it's a real mother fucker when you're sober and it keeps giving you the same wrong word four or five times in a row.

Which brings me to my main topic here; ghetto names. There are ghetto names all over the place, some of which you sit there and wonder what their parents were thinking when they came up with them. But you know a name is incredibly ghetto when your iPhone, which is usually on the right track, is not even in the ballpark.

When you're typing out a name out and your iPhone is spitting out a complete sentence when you're just looking for one word that's when you know the parents went wrong somewhere along the lines. It's an iPhone, it's the smartest phone on the planet, it's gotta come up with a better word than Sequined when I'm trying to type out De'Quonde.

I'm just saying, if the iPhone can't even decipher it, should you really be naming your child it? I don't think so. I think we need to adopt a new system where if the iPhone has no idea what you're trying to say, you're not allowed to give your kid that name. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a system that can and will work. Why? Because I came up with it and I'm the man.

Sidenote: For those who have iPhones you will know I'm not bullshitting you try and type in De'Quonde and see what word gets spit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment