Tuesday, April 30, 2013

NHL Playoff Preview

 
The NHL Playoffs are finally here. I am going to give you my favorites, the teams to watch out for and the teams who will be going home early. Here we go. 

Favorites: Out of the Eastern Conference the favorites have to be Pittsburgh, Montreal and Boston. I do not see anybody beating a healthy Pittsburgh team in the Eastern Conference. They're so good it's almost unfair. Plus Crosby will be back for the postseason. Does anyone realize that the NHL points leader (Martin St. Louis) had 60 points and Sidney Crosby finished in 3rd with 56 and missed the last few weeks? That's how much better he makes the Penguins. As far as the West goes Chicago has been the best team from start to finish but do not count out the Kings (they're the defending champs) and do not count out the Ducks. I haven't seen much of the West but from what I have seen, those are my favorites. 

Sleepers: The sleeper teams to watch are always fun. the Rangers are my sleeper team out of the East. Here's why. They have a favorable first round match up with Washington and they have Henrik Lundqvist between the pipes, which means that they have a chance in every game as long as he plays well. In the West my sleeper team is Detroit. They have too much pride and too much history out in Hockey Town and Mike Babcock is one hell of a coach. Do not sleep on the Red Wings come postseason. 

Teams Going Home Early: There won't be an eight seed going on a magical run this year. I just can't see it happening. The Islanders have very little chance against the Penguins in the East and the Wild have a punchers chance against the Blackhawks out West. But who I really think will be going home early will be the Toronto and San Jose. Boston and Vancouver are bad first round match ups for those teams and recently they really haven't had much playoff success. It's a new season and anything can happen but I see first round exits for both the Leafs and the Sharks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment