Friday, April 19, 2013

NBA Playoff Predictions

Here we go. Tomorrow afternoon one of the most dragged out times of the year officially gets underway, the NBA Playoffs. So here we go with my predictions.

West Round One: 
1) Oklahoma City Thunder vs 8) Houston Rockets: What a great back story? James Harden leading his new team against his old buddies Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook. Too bad OKC is just a way better team with way more talent and KD looks like a man on a mission this season. OKC in 5.

4) LA Clippers vs 5) Memphis Grizzlies: I'm looking forward to this one. This is going to be a physical, beat you up down low, grind it out kind of series. I love CP3 and Lob City, but I think Memphis is up for a little payback after last year's first round exit at the hands of these same Clippers. Grizzlies in 7.

3) Denver Nuggets vs 6) Golden State Warriors: If you like fast paced and high scoring this is a series for you. I'll be honest even without Danilo Gallinari I still like Denver a lot in this series. Plus the Warriors are very young and this is their first time on the big stage. Their time will come, just not this year. Nuggets in 6.

2) San Antonio Spurs vs 7) LA Lakers: Be careful what you wish for Laker fans, you wanted the Spurs, but you still don't have Kobe. Also, the Spurs are seasoned and know what the postseason is about and give a coach like Greg Popovich two weeks to lock in on one team and you can pretty much sum this one up to the Spurs winning this series. I think the Lakers will win a couple of games, but they won't win the series. Spurs in 6.

East Round One: 
1) Miami Heat vs 8) Milwaukee Bucks: I shouldn't have to explain this one it's pretty self explanatory. Heat in 4.

4) Brooklyn Nets vs 5) Chicago Bulls: In my opinion this is the worst match up the Nets could have gotten for round one. The Bulls are a tough, physical team who can match up with the Nets size. I'm saying Bulls take this in 6.

3) Indiana Pacers vs 6) Atlanta Hawks: I still don't know if the end of the season for the Pacers was just them coasting or if they have some real issues. But I do view the Hawks as a fairly mediocre team nonetheless. I'll take Pacers in 5.

2) New York Knicks vs 7) Boston Celtics: This is the match up all you Knicks fans have been waiting for me to talk about. Melo doesn't need to win a title for this to be considered a successful season, but he MUST get out of the first round for only the second time in his career. But the Celtics are an extremely tough out in the postseason, the Knicks are kidding themselves if they think they're walking all over this team. I see a long series, but Knicks in 7.

West Round Two: 
1) Oklahoma City Thunder vs 5) Memphis Grizzlies: Memphis can pound you inside and the game slows down in the postseason. However, I still think the Thunder are too fast and will have the two best players on the court in that series. OKC in 6.

2) San Antonio Spurs vs 3) Denver Nuggets: The team that likes to run and gun against the team who is old, experienced and can slow you down and also has great coaching. The winner of this series will be the team who can force their opponent to play their style. In this case I think it's the Spurs. Spurs in 7.

East Round Two:
1) Miami Heat vs 5) Chicago Bulls: This is actually a tough match up for Miami. The Bulls can rebound, play defense, and pound the ball inside. However, they are still pretty banged up and I don't fully believe that they can beat the Heat 4 times in 7 games. Heat in 6.

2) New York Knicks vs 3) Indiana Pacers: The Knicks will run into trouble in this series. Why? Because Indiana is huge inside and they will out rebound the Knicks every day and twice on Sunday. The Knicks still have the best player on the floor in the series but will he trust his teammates enough to distribute the basketball even when he's double teamed? I don't know, this is a toss up for me but I'll go Knicks in 7.

West Finals: 
1) Oklahoma City Thunder vs 2) San Antonio Spurs: A rematch of last year's conference finals with the same result. Thunder in 6...again.

East Finals:
1) Miami Heat vs 2) New York Knicks: You can throw out the regular season nonsense. The Knicks aren't beating LeBron and Co. 4 times in a 15 day span. Say what you want, tell me I'm wrong all you want but it's just not happening no matter what you think. Heat in 6.

NBA Finals: 
Oklahoma City Thunder vs Miami Heat: An NBA Finals rematch and something we better get used to since Durant and LeBron are the two best players in the game right now. It will be exciting, it will be fun, and it will be high scoring. Who do I think wins? Once again, I love Durant and I love the Thunder but the Heat will win another title but this time the series goes the distance. Heat in 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment