Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is Michael Kay The Biggest Asshole On The Planet?

 
I'm sitting there with my friends last night watching the the 9th inning of the Yankee game as Dave Robertson is just making every Yankee fan sweat like a priest at a little league game. Finally, Robertson strikes out Carlos Pena and the first save post Mariano was complete. Michael Kay then opens his mouth with this quote, "And Dave Robertson closes the door on the first save AM, After Mo." Is there a bigger asshole in broadcasting who's not named Susan Waldman? Like you do realize he probably sat alone for hours on end thinking about what he was going to say when Robertson got that first save and he thought he was the most clever mother fucker on the planet when he came up with After Mo. Besides the fact that he is clearly one of the worst announcers on the planet and I have no idea how he still has a job, his whiney voice just makes me want to rip my ear drums out. Even Yankee fans know how horrid he is. Has there ever been a time where you sat through an entire Yankee game and not thought to yourself, "How did he get this job?" I know the answer to that is definitely no. I'll take my Mets announcers any day of the week rather than listen to Michael Kay. I'll even take Keith Hernandez over him because although he only talks about the time when he played, he at least knows what he's talking about when he's not falling asleep in the broadcast booth. 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have a website about this very subject: http://wp.me/1kPXZ

      We should collaborate. I was thinking of doing a post on "Allies," other people who think Kay is a toolbelt. There are a lot of us out there...

      Delete
  2. Michael Kay is the worst yankee announcer ever. he should do no games. Either should John Flaherty! Give me Ken Singleton , al Leither, Paul Oneil and dave cone! And mikes radio shows Suck he is such a pompous ass!

    ReplyDelete