Monday, May 16, 2011

Highlight Feature Of The Day: Why Is Flip Cup Dominated By Women?

Last week’s endless drinking barrage made me notice a couple of things. One, when people know the end is near partying is a higher priority than sleep. Two, is that the game of flip cup is completely dominated by women. It is unbelievable to me that every time flip cup is played women will dominate the game. I have no theory as to why but let me explain this a little more.

I walk into a room during Senior Week last week and what do I see? I see five girls lined up across the table perfectly set up for flip cup, while guys try and figure out who actually wants to play against these broads. Losing to a girl is embarrassing; losing to a team of girls is even more embarrassing. I hopped in on one game of course; and the girls kicked our asses so I quit. The only thing worse than losing is knowing you’re going to lose.

Then I go to this party this weekend and we play four guys against four girls in flip cup. What happens? We played ten games and the girls beat us nine times. The one game we won we all had to be perfect, one missed flip against girls is always a loss. Once again, embarrassed and ashamed, I quit to go play beer pong.

What makes girls so good at flip cup? I still don’t know. Maybe it’s the soft touch that guys just don’t have on the flip. I don’t think anyone will ever really know, but one thing is for sure. If you’re playing flip cup, women will dominate every time. It’s as consistent as gravity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcpOPFmtkE

No comments:

Post a Comment